The girls just ran their official 5K! We couldn’t be more excited and happy for them. Do you remember the anticipation of your first race? I do. OTf course, I ran Robie Creek for my first race. Not the smartest move ever…
Anyway, this week in GOTR, we’re talking about race recovery. Here are the 5 things we recommend the girls do.
1) Eat well the week following the race – eat a small meal every 3-4 hours comprised of protein, complex whole grains, veggies, and a little fat.
2) Drink lots of water to keep hydrated and prevent muscle cramps
3) Take a few days off from running to let the body recover
4) Don’t sit on the couch – go for walks to keep the muscles warm and prevent lactic acid build up
5) Stretch each day after the walks to help keep muscles nice and loose.
What do you do to recover from your long runs? (Yes, 3 miles is forever to them!)